Ash Covered Decoration
This decorative plate used as a base for stand-alone candles was in a house fire in Taylors, SC. While the fire did not damage the plate, it did melt the wax to the hard plastic, and the plate was covered in ash, soot, and smoke. It took several washes for the SERVPRO of East Greenville County team to clear all of the debris from the fire, and the wax added its own set of challenges. The wax had combined with some of the ash and almost left stains that if not for taking extra care and precautions, could have damaged the plate further. Our team takes great pride every time we help to restore someone’s belongings, no matter how small they are.